Thursday, January 16, 2014

How to Upgrade Walls

Frequently, I see people upgrading their walls in a random order.  Here is the best way that I have found out to upgrade your walls.
First you want to upgrade all "T" junctions, meaning, that if one wall comes in contact with another and makes a "T", like the picture above, you want to upgrade where they meet.  You can see here that my purple level 7 walls are everywhere, except where they meet up.  Where the two walls connect I have a level 8 wall.  You want to do this everywhere.

In the above picture, you can see that I have three "T" intersections, so I have all three upgraded to level 8.  

Once I get ALL the "T" intersections upgraded, I go for everything else, I personally connect places in between my best defenses. In the above picture, you can see that I have three "T" intersections, and then two level 8 walls connecting everything, five level 8 walls total.  Works great!

WHY?
The question you may have, is "Why do I want to upgrade the "T" intersections?  Shouldn't I upgrade all the outside walls first?"  Well, there are many different strategies to upgrading walls.  The reason why I always go for "T" intersections, is because when troops attack, they usually go for walls that will connect to many areas!  If giants break through a "T" intersection, that lets them into two more areas instead of just one.  By upgrading the "T" intersections, attacking troops will be more likely to attack weaker walls, and then they can't get into as much of your place as before!



No comments:

Post a Comment