Sunday, January 5, 2014

How to Layout Your Base/Village

Consider this base:
You can see that stuff is laid out in a strategic pattern, but let's look at it a little more closely.

Here I have drawn in a few lines to demonstrate where everything is laid out.
Yellow=cannons, evenly spaced (except the one next to the town hall) for maximum ground coverage
Black=mortar, also evenly space for ground, splash damage
Blue=archer tower, evenly spaced from the cannons too, to provide ground and air coverage
Purple=wizard tower, evenly spaced for maximum ground and air coverage
Red=air defense, evenly spaced for maximum air coverage.

As you can see, everything is evenly spaced for ground and air coverage.  On some defenses, I only had 3 available, so I made the coverage area into a triangle.  I had 5 each of cannons and archer towers, so I made a square around my base and put the extra one in the middle next to the town hall.

The barbarian king, and the clan castle go in the middle next to the town hall to protect the town hall as a last resort.  If they are on the edge, they will come out at the beginning of the battle.  You don't want them lured our prematurely, it's best to save the barb kind and the clan castle until the middle of battle.

I have my elixer and gold storages generally far apart from each other.  I tried not to put 2 gold or elixer storages in the same section of walls, so that if enemy troops broke in, they wouldn't be able to take the majority of one type of loot.

Lastly, I have everything tucked in as close to the base as possible, some people try the technique of putting a builder in each of the corners, and that honestly works pretty good to prevent someone from 3 starring a base.  However, at my level, people have usually learned from hundreds of other attacks, and when I get attacked, they put one archer on each of those builders; so in my case, I keep them close to the base as well.

If you want to know how a base will hold up, try it!  I have seen some bases that I thought would be easy, and turned out to be really hard.  My idea of putting everything evenly spaced usually works, but there are also some great ideas out there that work just as well.  My base (the one pictured above) gets 3 starred about once every 10 days or so, and I get attacked about 4-5 times a day.  I have a pretty good success rate.  Email me with any questions or concerns at smackaroonial@gmail.com.





***This base is a Town Hall 8 Layout, I will try to post pictures of other layouts soon so that I can cover other level Town Halls.

1 comment:

  1. can you post the best deffence layout for th level 7 and how to get dark elixer fast

    ReplyDelete